LearnBlue Volunteer Applications Are Open
Think you could be a great addition to our team? Starting today, you can apply to join us.
Starting today, the 18th of May 2020 at 12PM WAT, LearnBlue applications are open for a duration of three weeks. Applications for chapter leads are always open but are reviewed on a bi-monthly basis. As our activities are moving fast, we want to expand our team with dedicated, hard-working and passionate Gen Z individuals.
What are we looking for? As a member of the nonprofit with a mission addressing any of the Global Goals, you have to be knowledgeable on sustainable development, today’s world’s main issues, and the UN SDGs.
In all teams, you have to be able to dedicate some of your time to work with us, meet the given deadlines, be present at meetings and be willing to collaborate with the whole team and to work with a group. We are particularly looking for individuals whose personal goals, aim or story are connected to that of one or more of the four LearnBlue causes.
You can apply for a variety of positions here at LearnBlue:
- Chapter Lead
- Country Lead
- Head of Finance
- Social Media Manager
- Secretary (Creative Writing Squad)
- Compliance Coordinator
- Finance Squad Member
- Creative Writer
- Creative Designer
- Tech Squad Member
- Young Innovator
- Videography Design Team Member
Read more about each position and its requirements here.
How will you be selected to join our team? We will be reviewing your applications according to the above and linked criteria. If your characteristics meet what we are looking for, we will contact you and schedule an interview. Here are some tips to succeed both in your applications and interviews:
- Make sure that your skills, background, and time you are willing to put into your work are adapted to the position you are applying for to increase your chances of being selected. Prepare to be tested on the skills and knowledge linked to said position.
- Prepare to tell your story: we are interested in Gen Z that are driven by personal ambitions and goals linked to sustainable development.
- All our members are required to be knowledgeable about the SDGs: read about them here and be prepared to present the ones that motivate you the most. Also, make sure to follow sustainable development related news!
- Be knowledgeable about LearnBlue: get to know our goals, our team and our story.
- Be ready to promote yourself and answer questions like “What can you do for LearnBlue that other applicants can’t do?”
- Know your skills and strength and be confident. If you are qualified and well prepared, you will be able to make it on the team!
Thank you for your interest in our organization and our activities. We are impatient to go through your application and get to meet you!